So another year almost done, and I thought it’d be fun to round up some stats for you guys!
1. I read or critted 19 unpublished novels, some more than once (But they only counted once).
2. I read 156 published novels. That’s an average of 1 book every ~2.34 days.
3. Of those, 141 were traditionally published, 10 were 5 stars, 56 were 4 stars, 66 were 3 stars, and 14 were 2 or less. I also read 16 self-published (Not counting ones that were traditionally published but used kickstarter). 4 of those were 5 stars. The rest were mostly 3 stars, only 1 was a 2 or less. Total for all these books: 49864 pages. Not my highest page count since I’ve started tracking, but not my lowest either.
4. I walked about 720 miles (roughly) to and from the dayjob. That’s far enough to walk to the northernmost tip of Maine from Philly, or down to the Georgia-South Carolina border, or over to the Indiana-Illinois border! To put it in more international terms, that’s longer than the length from north to south of the entire UK! (Ok, not counting those little islands off the north east tip that I couldn’t tell if were ACTUALLY part of it or not) That’s far enough to go from Lisbon, Portugal to Bordeaux, France! Or the majority of the length of New Zealand!
5. I totally just started sticking pins in google maps and making it give me directions from a random place to another place to see how far it was.
6. I then got distracted by researching just how big Mongolia is. The answer? 604,200 square miles. It’s also the least densely populated country in the world.
7. I left one internship for another, and started a new dayjob.
8. I wrote 8 stories for Our Write Mind. I think my favorite was this one, it popped in my head and wouldn’t let go until I wrote it. Well, I REALLY wrote 9, because I already have January’s mostly done, but close enough. 😉
9. I was trying to get to 13 for 2013, but then decided that nothing that interesting happened this year to warrant stretching it that far.
10. But then I decided it’d be fun to try anyway.
11. Except that I’m tired and I need to be up at a decent time Wednesday morning (as I’m writing this Tuesday).
12.And so this is as close as you’re getting.
13. HAPPY NEW YEAR!