1. The standard ones- Walking, Reading, and Keeping up crits- Walked. So far, total books read this month: 12 regular +6 crit/internship novels=18 total for the month. 2 more things landed in my inbox over the long weekend as well, one really short thing, one novel that needs a reasonably close note pass. Still, I’ve kept up with the onslaught! This is all a win.
2. Keep editing on SW- This last week was so busy, it got shoved to the side. But given as I got the inital-post-beta-feedback readthrough and game plan made this month, I’ll take it!
3. OWM.- Doing good. Need to finish my story for next month. But I’m pleased with how this is turning out so far!
4. Get my mornings back!- This last week was busy with checkups and such, so most of my mornings were spent getting out the door and to overdue appointments. I’m so BAD about scheduling checkups, I just hate doing them. Not because of anything more than just, ugh, inconvenience. But for the month as a whole, I think I did pretty damned good at this. Counting it!
So we’ll count May a win, even if there’s things in it I could improve on.
How is it almost June already? Wow!
1. The standard ones- Though I’m pausing crits other than the internship and one that’s already in my inbox, in favor of working on my own stuff more.
2. Work on the heavy lifting on SW- There’s a large chunk that needs rewrites. Better than the whole thing, but most of the second half needs redone. This is frustrating and intimidating, and if I let myself, I will push it off and work on new things instead. Might as well take advantage of the accountability here.
3. Get back to working on Top Hat- Even if it’s just one chapter per month, progress needs made.
4. Keep up on OWM.- Self explanatory.
So yeah. June. Writing heavy month, but I need to focus on it more. It’s easy to get wrapped up in critiquing and editing and such, but if no new words are going on my own pages, it’s all talk no action.
Here’s to a short week to round out a short month!