Feb 11 #Writemotivation belated update

So there was no post on Monday, mostly due to things being hectic….
1. Keep up on crits!-Did another internship book on the plane… Well, okay, I kept stealing minutes to read it on my phone at work too. Got about a third of the way through with it just sneaking bits on my phone! Needless to say, this one got a thumbs up from me! And read through a project for Becca on the plane yesterday, need to compile notes on it still.
2. Walk to work at least 4/5 days each week- Walked all last week, again! Actually, funny story. Monday coming home, I was asked for money by a youngish man who seemed really nice and uncomfortable. Now, I never carry cash, if I do, it’s sheer luck, and I often forget I have it. So I didn’t have anything to give him, but I kept thinking about it the rest of the walk home. I wanted to be able to do something, even if it’s small. So I looked up the numbers for homeless services and foodbanks, just in case. Sure enough, Wednesday night, I spotted him again! I gave him the numbers, and he was so thrilled that I would even think to do that for him. We chatted for a bit, poor guy’s had a rough time in his personal life, and so hopefully some of those services might be able to help. I figure there’s enough bad things in the world, I like to try to bring good where I can.
3. Get to 50k on Top Hat- Typed part of the handwritten, but forgot to bring the rest with me. Oops.
4. Read at least 15 books- So far this month, 2 internship books, 4 regular books, 1 other crit book (but it’s a reread). Didn’t read as much on the plane as I wanted to, but napped most of the way out there. On the way home, we had a tail wind, and so the flight was a lot faster. (Also: I like Virgin airlines, I do NOT like US airways.)

The trip there was horrible. Long story short, there was a section of flooring in our condo that had gotten messed up before we moved in with a plumbing leak. They were fixing that and resealing it on Friday, so we had to be out by 8am. So we got up around 6, showered, ate, and left, basically. The original plan was to do errands and kill time, but since it was raining, we decided to just take a taxi straight to the airport. So we basically hung out at the airport all day… Which was fine, I got lots of reading done. We get delayed. And delayed. Finally, the plane leaves at like 830pm (when it was supposed to be 6pm). We get in out here at like 2am, by the time we get to the hotel, checked in, and settled down enough, it’s 3am when we go to bed. 3am PACIFIC time, mind you… So we were up for 24 hours running. Not the first time that’s happened, mind you. It’s just practice for touring someday.

So we were supposed to go to some Jewish prewedding-service thing on Saturday, but everyone excused us for sleeping. That would have been nice, except our bodies are used to getting up at like 7-8am… And sure enough, 4 hours later, we’re up and couldn’t go back to sleep. So we order breakfast, deciding we’ll take a nap and then go to the museum/shopping later in the day( because I ran out of the house without my dress shoes, oops!). Had some amazing huevos rancheros though!! We lie down for a nap, and not 2 minutes later, E pops a seizure (probably from sleep dep. Oops!). Mind you, this isn’t something to worry about. They’ve happened since she was little, and used to be a lot more frequent. But one of the rules is after that, no running around for the day. One of the cousins, S, came over to our room, and we all hung out for a bit, then I went over to the nearest shoe store with E’s dad and got shoes, and the drug store and got a hair trimming kit because E needed a hair cut. Sasha came back over, and we had dinner then cut her hair. (Well, the worst of it. I’m going to do the rest of it later in the week)
Sunday, went to the jacuzzi with S, then showered and had lunch with her/a bunch of other cousins who are awesome. Popped back to the room, got changed, and went to the wedding.

The pictures were outside, and it was freaking freezing. One of the cousins we had lunch with has an adorable 3 year old who was supposed to be the ring bearer, but he was horribly cranky. He’d missed his nap. She sat down and finally got him down for a nap, only to have the wedding coordinator start screaming at her that she couldn’t sit where she was sitting and she didn’t care if she woke the kid. So me, being me, rather deftly told the woman off and calmed said cousin down before she punched the bitch. We got the little one into his stroller, and he slept through the whole wedding, which was adorable. The dinner was awesome, they had chinese dragon dancers and too loud of music, which meant we were all yelling to be heard. Met one of their other cousins I hadn’t met before who was hilarious. We hit it off like a house on fire. She also conked me in the head with her champagne glass! (I was trying to stand up at the same time she decided to wave the glass around in a toast. Sad part is? This is before anyone was drunk!!)Eventually called it a night, got more sleep, then went to a breakfast thing with a bunch of the family, and spent almost all the time playing with the 3 year old.
After that, much of the family was heading out. We pondered the jacuzzi again, but ended up taking an exhausted nap, luckily with no problems this time. Got up and putzed around for a bit, then back to sleep.
The flight back was far better. A shuttle picked us up at a bit after 9am, and the most exciting thing that happened was that security somehow busted a papaya we were going to eat later…. so we just ate it then. (this is why liquid foods travel in a plastic bag!) Got home around 11pm, quickly rearranged the furniture, and my only real complaint is that the flooring guys took off the fire alarm and didn’t put it back…. which means I’ll have to. (mostly because I’m not bugging them about it, it’s easy enough to fix.)

Now waiting on some laundry and making lunch before running out the door to work. I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. Ugh! Needless to say, no writing happened. Ah well, there’s always tomorrow!



  1. February 14, 2013 at 9:19 am

    After reading all that….I need a nap! 🙂 Glad E is fine, and your trip was not as bad as it could have been!

    • Leigh Caroline said,

      February 14, 2013 at 9:39 am

      LOL! I know, right!! And true, it could have been far, far worse. 😀 ❤

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: