1. Keep up on crits.- Still working on Chy’s, need to set aside some reading time later specifically for this. I was a bit absorbed in my edits on SW this last week and didn’t make much noticeable progress… oops.
2. Send SW to betas.-Doing a first edit pass to fill in a few things (I leave myself parenthetical notes, useful for things I don’t want to research while drafting and details I don’t feel like going back and checking while in the flow) and adjust a few others before subjecting the first couple betas to it.
3. Apply to at least 30 jobs, at least 5 of those in publishing.- Didn’t get the one I interviewed for last week, but I was told that I have a “sharp, discerning eye” by an agent I like/respect, which totally made my day anyway. It came down to genre preferences for another agent, and the specific genres she wanted were ones I was weaker in. Ah well. One good thing from this: I’m now certain that when I’m ready to query, she’s getting strongly considered. I thought we got along well, despite (or maybe because of) us both seeming rather nervous.
AND while I was working on this post? Phone rang, local area code so I answered it… Guess who has a job?! The one I’d interviewed for back in October where a friend works. Only 12/hr (I was making 14something at the last job), but hey, at this point? I’ll take that and run. *happy dance* so YAAAAAAY!
4. Work on Top Hat.- Pending SW pass edits.
5. Secret project- Paused while I wait on someone else to do something server side. Meanwhile, drafting posts for it.
Ok, SO, now that I’ll have a day job starting next Tuesday, time to possibly reorganize the writing schedule. The really nice part? It’s 12-8pm, so I’ll still have morning writing time (after the 2 week training anyway). Just need to use it well. Methinks the games are going on hiatus.