Well, I’m still working on typing up what I hand wrote yesterday, but the draft of SW is officially DONE. WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!
Seriously, you know how sometimes, you start a project thinking, oh, this is going to be simple… and then part way through, it takes off with a life of it’s own and starts reproducing? Yeah. That was SW. I originally intended to just novelize a Script Frenzy script of mine that I loved. Part way through, I realized it would work so much better if a certain element was tweaked… And we all know how that goes.
So, my to dos:
1. Keep up on crits.- Had one internship book last week, did that the next day. Still working on Chy’s, about 25% done.
2. Send SW to betas.-Draft done, typing up, will get to first round betas this week!
3. Apply to at least 30 jobs, at least 5 of those in publishing.- Applied for 1 publishing one last week, had a phone interview today (Hence the lateness of this post), and I think that went well. It was fun, anyway! Cross fingers for me. Still going to apply for other stuff too. If I get something in publishing, then I don’t mind getting a crappy job to supplement until it takes off.
4. Work on Top Hat.- As soon as I get SW out. I’m making a list of things to research for this and doing the research. Hopefully that will speed up the drafting once I don’t have to stop every other line to figure out details. Time travel is a pain.
5. Secret project- Layout decided, need to do the graphics and put them together.
Ok, errands to do, lunch to eat, etc. So many things to do, and only 24 hours in each day! Make them work!