So, it’s 2013. There are 2 Friday the 13ths this year, both late in the year. There are also some REALLY amazing things happening!
1. Victoria Schwab’s The Archived comes out 1/22. Her next book, Vicious, comes out in September. These both make me happier than words, because Victoria is awesome and I love her writing!
2. CE Murphy’s Mountain Echoes comes out 2/19. CE is also awesome, and I love her writing too!
3. Maggie Stiefvater’s Raven Boys 2 comes out in the fall, likely September. Maggie is also awesome, and her writing is too.
4. Tamora Pierce’s Battle Magic comes out in October, supposedly. This one has been pushed back a couple times already, due to life issues while editing it, but I’m hopeful. And you guessed it! Tammy is also awesome, and so is her writing. I’m intimidated to eventually meet her, more than the others on this list. Because, well, I started reading her books in high school/college, before I really knew anything about authors, and there’s a bit of amazement there still.
There’s a few other books I’m looking forward to, but none as much as these!
And now: JANUARY’S GOALS:
(It’s not an official goalcheck month, unless I’ve lost count again… But mischief is in the works!)
1. Keep up on crits.
2. Send SW to betas.
3. Apply to at least 30 jobs, at least 5 of those in publishing.
4. Work on Top Hat.
5. Secret project- You’ll find out about this soon, if all goes well.
13 resolutions for ’13:
1. Keep up on crits, no matter what life throws at me.
2. Read 150 books+ again. Try not to cram a third of them into December again. That was torture.
3. Finish writing at least 2 more novels.-I’m not going to commit to any specific ones, but I want to get Top Hat and Printed both done if I can. That might change depending on what plot bunnies bite, given the volume of bunnies I’ve got running around. Those are just the ones furthest along the process right now, other than the Hunt rewrite.
4. Take pictures at least once a month.
5. Go play tourist more, especially in Philly.
6. Edit at least 2 novels of my own.
7. Get a job that both pays decently and I enjoy. Bonus points if it’s in publishing.
8. Don’t let Secret Project fall through the cracks, but don’t carry it alone either. (I have a bad habit in group projects of taking it over when others drop the ball. I’m trying to break myself of that.)
9. Do more graphics design
10. Do more programming/web design
11. Learn at least one new word in another language a week.
12. Edit SW, and have the courage to send it out if it survives edits.
13. Socialize with people in person at least once per month.