1. Crits paused except for internship. Anything anyone wants done can wait until December.- If you want me to crit something for you in the next few months, let me know!! I’m making a schedule, as I’m going to try to focus on my own WIPs and get SW done and out to betas (If you would like to beta, and are not one of the people I’ve already got on the list, let me know.)
2.Nanowrimo- WIN this year! (Then I’ll be at 5/10 nano wins!)-27k/50k *laughs* I still have time, but it’s going to take some hard work. I just wasn’t feeling it this last week. The holiday, the frequently cloudy weather, and some frustration on my part at a bunch of small things added up to a really hard time focusing on writing. Plus I had another internship book in there too. This one frustrated me, because it was REALLY going well, except then it fell apart. What started out as my only having one reservation on it multiplied, until I ended up on the rejecting side of the fence. But it had started out SO well that I was torn for several days.
3. Job. Pretty please universe?- Still applying. Can’t justify driving over to Cherry Hill for a mall job (Not at that pay rate), or I’d have just gotten some seasonal work again. Meh. I need to see if I can figure out how to do freelance editing in the meantime.
I might be getting a second internship, but I’m waiting on the agent to confirm they don’t mind if I’m also doing one for a publisher at the same time though. If I had to choose, I’d go for the agent in a heartbeat, but I don’t want to be one of those people who jumps around a lot. It looks unprofessional, I think. I’m just going bonkers waiting for the email. Mind you, I’d applied for this one originally around March. I didn’t get selected for that batch, so when she emailed me asking if I was still interested, it was a completely unexpected happy surprise. I won’t argue, I had just been thinking about trying to get a second internship for more experience, or nagging mine into giving me more, faster. I want to start applying for actual publishing related jobs in the new year, if I can.
So, the plan:
Hit 32k today. 37k tomorrow. 43k Wednesday. 47k Thursday. 50k Friday.
I CAN DO IT. I’m a procrastinator by nature, I love the rush of racing the deadline. This is just a bit tighter than I wanted it to be, that’s all.
The plan for next month (even though it’s not an official goalcheck month):
1.Keep up on crits/internships. Duh.
2. Finish SW. (Yes, I know, this is going to make KT squeefit)
2b. If done with SW before the month is out, do an edit pass on it. I want to send this out to the first round betas in January.
3. Keep working on Top Hat. Goal: 75k (Yes, only 25k+ after Nano. But that should give me the framework, and I need several edit passes on it to do what I want with it anyway that will lengthen it.)
3b. If done with SW edits, and done writing Top Hat, start Description pass on Top Hat.
4. Job. Seriously universe, I want money again damnit!