September’s final stats:
1. Get a job.-Have put in a LOT of applications. If I don’t get something soon, I’m going to just say screw it and go put in for some retail holiday work, just as a temporary solution. I still count this as a win, because I’ve done a lot to make this happen, it’s just a matter of waiting on responses from people.
2. Keep trying on my writing plan-did amazing on this. Wrote ~21k this month. Not QUITE 1k a day, but I wasn’t aiming for that. I was just aiming for forward motion. The races and wars helped a LOT!
3. Keep up on crits.-Also did amazing on this, if I do say so myself!
So September clearly went well, all considered. I have most things unpacked, and after an ikea trip, the things that aren’t unpacked now will GET that way, because they’ll have places to go. I’m having serious trouble finding places for books and stuffed animals though. There’s a serious lack of floor space to put shelving.
So, my unofficial goals for Octogre…er, October!
1. Keep up on crits-Duh.
2. Finish SW and get it out to Betas- I guestimate I have about 20k left on it. It’s doable. I don’t expect any of them to get it back to me before the beginning of the year at the earliest!
3. Get a job, any job.-I need shopping money, damnit! Plus, ya know, bills.
4. Figure out what project to work on for nano- I have 3 options I’m mainly toying with.
Option 1: Rewrite the Hunt- It needs done. I’m just afraid I’ll get bored and miss the normal spontaneity of Nano.
Option 2: Write Printed- It’s got the worldbuilding done, and the main plot done, but I don’t have any of the subplots solidified, and when I attempted it, I was having trouble with getting the voice. I really like the concept, but I have a horrible track record with Nanos and scifi novels. They tend to kick my butt.
Option 3: Write Project TopHat- I have the opening scene, and it has a voice, but I don’t even have the major plot points for it yet. I haven’t done ANY of the world building or planning yet. But this one could be fun, just to experiment with. I have the starting spots of a scene that burst, fully fledged, into my head one night, a voice, and a strange cast of characters. It’s almost trying to go for that Near Witch/The Night Circus vibe, and I don’t know about it yet.
And there’s always a possibility of another plot bunny grabbing me by the throat at the last minute to consider too!
How’s October looking for you? Anyone up for another race before the Nano insanity hits? 🙂