1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
Thanks Becca! Anyone who doesn’t read her blog already really should. She’s funny, and a damned good writer to boot!
2. List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting.
* I love to garden. If it makes anything I can eat, I’m happy. This year, I’m planting corn, 3 types of squash my little sister got seeds for, purple pole beans, purple carrots, zucchini, chives, basil, watermelon, and strawberries.
* My blog is under my pen name, not my real name, because I didn’t want day job employers, coworkers, or nosey neighbors reading the one erotica story I published. Then I decided I liked having a pen name for my writing.
* My pen name was created from my middle name and my twin sister’s first name. Don’t worry, she wouldn’t mind; She died when we were 2 from a fall down stairs (And the first person who says sorry gets smacked. I grew up with this, it’s as much a part of things as knowing I have brown hair, and I HATE when people do that.)
* I met my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years while at a writers convention I went to on a whim to visit my at-the-time girlfriend. We got on so well, both of our at the time girlfriends told us to get a room. We eventually got an apartment instead.
*I’m a technophile. If it’s a gadget or gizmo, I’m probably going to play with it. I blame my grandfather, who used to take radios apart to show me how they worked… along with any other piece of machinery he could get his hands on that my grandmother wouldn’t yell at him for disassembling.
* I’m also a fairly decent cook. I learned to cook when my girlfriend and I moved in together, because she has all sorts of fun food allergies –Milk, egg, walnuts, peanuts, shellfish, poppyseeds– and it seemed easier to learn to cook and work with the substitutions than finding take out she could eat, which is what I’d lived on up to that point.
* I love to sing. I’m horribly out of practice, right now, but I made a few elite choirs over the years in schools, though one I’m convinced it was merely because I was the only one in the group who could hold the second soprano part and routinely showed up to class.
Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
Not tagging people, as I’m sure everyone has done this lots of times. Otherwise, I’d be tagging the whole #writemotivation group, mwhaahahha!! Consider yourself tagged if you want to be, not if you don’t. 😛
So decided to do the A-Z blog challenge for April. I have ideas for about half the letters, but suggestions are welcome, if there’s anything people would like to know about me. 🙂 Be warned: That has me posting every day except Sunday (except the first day, as April Fools’ day falls on a Sunday). Good thing I’ve gotten back in practice of writing on this thing, lol! I think I’m going to take a couple hours today to go through and come up with at least a handful of topics, and start at least the basics of the posts on them. Whoot for fighting procrastination!! I also know April is going to be nuts. We have a family passover seder that’s stinking huge, and I’m drafted for helping with that.
As far as WriteMotivation goals for the month goes?
*Posting, I’ve been doing good on.
*Outline is giving me trouble. May swap stories to let that one simmer for a month or two, as it’s being ornery.
*Short story- Does it count if it’s one recycled from my journal? No, not really, it doesn’t count as far as I’m concerned. I should fix that.
I think my april goals are going to go:
*Get my gardening boxes set up (The corners should be in right before April, they were backordered) and filled, and the seeds planted.
*Attempt Script Frenzy, and get at least 10 pages done. I know the actual goal is 100 pages, but I often use it just for figuring out a tough spot in a story.
*Write, with all forms (fiction and blog posts) a minimum of 25k total.
*Get a replacement charger for my camera battery, as mine lost an important part in the move, and do at least ONE batch of creative photos.
Sounds good to me!
What about you? Are you planning ahead? Anything fun going on for you next month?