1. The usual. Walk, read, crits.-Walked. Crits- Didn’t have any to do this week. Reading- 14 published and 3 unpublished=17 so far for the month. I’m most of the way through the one I’m reading right now, so I’ll definitely finish it in the next day or so. Either way, whoot!
2. OWM- I need to finish October’s, oops! Luckily we have our buffer week of the prompt going up. Then I need to pick mine for the next set.
3. Be more social online.- This week got away from me, and I wasn’t as social as I wanted to be. But I think at the least, I made a good attempt this month.
4. Start figuring out tentative nano plans-Reread what I had on Top Hat, figured out why I’m stuck. So I have October to figure out the plot snarl, and then I’ll finish this off in Nano, then get to work on Starboard.
So September? Other than being sick, not a bad month. I’m still shaking off random aches, but oh well. Kt lost one agent and gained a new one, and between the two, I think I lost track of most of September. I looked up and it’s cold and the leaves are starting to change. I made chili this weekend, and accidentally made it a 5 alarm version. In my defense, I always err on the side of spicy when I do chili. I like it that way. But I have this hot sauce I made, and erm, it’s habenero+ level. I’d give you guys a recipe for the hot sauce, but it was a case of Dev picked up random peppers at the farmers market, and Owen’s mom brought some random peppers from her garden, and next thing I know I had a bag full and nothing coherent to use them in. So I tossed them in the oven to roast for a bit, then blitzed them with the immersion blender (stems off but seeds in!) with some strong apple cider vinegar. Let that hang out in the fridge for a few days, and ta da!
Still waiting on a response from my poke, but that’s okay. Nothing ever goes quickly when you’re waiting. It does make planning rather entertaining, but that’s okay. I’m planning both options. If I get it, Nano might become a backburner and I’ll be happy to finish Top Hat. If I don’t, I might throw myself headfirst into working on Top Hat and Starboard, and see if that gets me anywhere. I’m flexible, and life happens. All I can do is hope for the best and plan for every reasonable opportunity.
October’s a little different. With so much still up in the air, I’m going to be cautious in my October goals:
1. The usual. Walk, Crit, Read.
2. Socialize- comment on at least 5 blogs (not my own) a week
3. Figure out game plans and alternate options for November, including ways to preprep food and streamline household tasks.
That’s it. Simple. Easy. Flexible. Just like I need to keep things.